Rustic Amish Log Beds
These Amish log beds are hand crafted of solid pine by the Amish in NW Montana. The logs are harvested locally, by hand, and also hand peeled, using old fashioned draw-knives and the skip-peel method where some of the inner bark is left on, creating a beautiful rustic piece of furniture for your bedroom.They are assembled using the mortise and tenon joinery.
There is often some checking in the logs which is a natural occurrence with lodge pole pine, but it does not affect the strength and durability of the bed. It actually adds character to them.
If you are looking for a sturdy, solid log bed, this is a great option. These beds don't get all wobbly and loose as some of the cheaper versions will. One great advantage of furnishing your home with our rustic log furniture is the simple upkeep on it. No worries about nick and dings... if they are too deep you can simply sand them out and re-apply finish or leave them as they are, as extra enhancements to the rustic look of the furniture.
The beds come dis-assembled and include easy assembly instructions, with all the hardware and slats included. There is heavy angle iron bolted to the side of the lowest rail for very strong support. Mattress is not included. These beds are made AND shipped directly to your home from the woodworking shop in Montana.
We also build a PLATFORM style log bed here.
AMISH LOG BED FEATURES:
- Solid Pine Log construction
- Hand Crafted in Montana U.S.A.
- Very sturdy bed with hand peeled lodgepole pine logs
- The foot board is 34" high and the headboard is 47" high
- Bed posts are about 5" in diameter
- There is approx 5" of clearance between the lowest rail and the floor
- Weight capacity is 550 lbs
- Heavy angle iron is bolted onto the bottom rail for strong support
- Assembly required - headboard and footboard are fully assembled...all hardware included
- Choose size and finish of your choice at the drop down menus above
- Ships free - the beds normally ship out within 10-15 business days
A few customer testimonials: " I love my new queen size bed! It is the heaviest and sturdiest log bed I have ever seen. We do not have anything like this in our local shops!" ..."We love our bed but recommend having more than one person to assemble it." ..." It had more cracks than I was expecting. I am told this will be fine and will not hurt the sturdiness of the bed. Otherwise we love it. Very solid and doesn't creak! :-)"
Sizes of each rustic log bed:
- Twin ; 46"W x 87"L x 47"H
- TwinXL; 46"W x 94"L x 47"H
- Full ; 60"W x 87"L x 47"H
- Queen ; 66"W x 94"L x 47"H
- King ; 80"W x 94"L x 47"H
- California King ; 76"W x 98"L x 47"H